We’re looking for a Marketing & Communications Advisor who wants to be part of team devoted to supporting safer communities and a more just society. We’re the team that promote awareness of JIBC, its many career paths and continuing education opportunities for people who want to make a difference in the world. From police officers, to firefighters, paramedics, and emergency managers, to counsellors and conflict resolution experts, when you work at JIBC you can be assured your work will have meaningful impact.
We are eager to advance our contribution, expand our creativity and benefit from your strategic approach, ideas, understanding of marketing, writing and visual storytelling skills! We are finalizing a new approach to our work and to our brand and there will be no end to opportunity for you. You’ll work with a collaborative team of colleagues and our enthusiastic internal clients, who are also passionate about helping share our educational offerings and services. We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and generous remote work options.
This is a regular, full-time position reporting to the Senior Manager, Communications and Marketing. This position is based at our New Westminster, BC campus.
Justice Institute of British Columbia:
Justice Institute of British Columbia (JIBC) is Canada’s leading public safety educator with a mission to develop dynamic justice and public safety professionals through its exceptional applied education, training and research. JIBC offers internationally recognized education that leads to certificates, diplomas, bachelor’s degrees and graduate certificates; exceptional continuing education for work and career-related learning and development; and customized contract training to government agencies and private organizations worldwide. Each year, over 36,000 students study at one of JIBC’s six campuses in B.C., through online education, and at locations in more than 150 BC communities, as well as sites across Canada and around the world. Our education contributes to safer communities and a more just society by providing professionals with the knowledge, skills and abilities to excel at every stage of their careers and make a difference every day.
This position creates and oversees marketing and communications plans and activities for a portfolio of internal clients responsible for the Institute’s program and course offerings, and student support services. The position also participates in JIBC-wide marketing activities. Working closely with programming staff in the School and Divisions, the incumbent creates and implements marketing and communications plans and content that ensure an integrated and strategic approach to promoting JIBC and its many offerings using a variety of approaches, tactics, and measurements, including digital media, email marketing, social media, web analytics, and print, to ensure an optimal return on investment.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Marketing or Communications diploma or undergraduate degree with a minimum of five years’ related experience in all aspects of developing, maintaining and measuring the success of marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives; or an acceptable equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and expertise in using digital advertising tools including Google Ads Manager, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, and Hootsuite;
- Thorough understanding of branding principles, digital marketing, social and multimedia campaigns, and web analytics as it relates to the wide range of marketing and promotion strategies and tactics;
- Superior written and oral communication skills, including copywriting, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and MS Teams;
- Familiarity with Drupal (or similar software).
If selected for an interview, a presentation of a portfolio of the candidate’s previous examples of marketing plans with tactics may be requested.
We offer a total compensation package that includes Extended Health and Dental Benefits, and enrollment in the Municipal Pension Plan after six months. In addition, we offer 15 vacation days annually (pro-rated in first year), as well as generous other leave entitlements.
Please visit our website at https://www.jibc.ca/about-us/working-jibc for a more detailed job posting.