Organizational Readiness Lead
Temporary Position Until December 2023
Centrally located in downtown Vancouver, the British Columbia Securities Commission (BCSC) strives to make the investment markets benefit the public – enabling people to achieve their financial goals, enterprises to grow, and British Columbia to thrive.
Through smart rules, diligent oversight, strong enforcement, and reliable guidance, we act as guardians of the province’s investment marketplace, striving to make BC a place where people can invest with confidence and companies can flourish. We are an independent agency accountable to the provincial legislature and the public through the Minister of Finance.
The BCSC is experiencing a digital transformation and is looking to expand its current team. As the Organizational Readiness Lead you will provide full services for business users in stakeholder engagement required for an effective implementation of the BCSC’s digital transformation, focusing on communications, engagement, and business user training. The stakeholder work will involve involving stakeholders in the systems design work, revising business processes for several core regulatory areas, and preparing business users for using new systems built in Dynamics365 to support these processes.
In this role, you will develop plans and materials and manage the roll out to transition business users to work effectively with new business processes and related systems. The first of two releases is planned for April 2023. As Organizational Readiness Lead, you lead stakeholder engagement and communication and will also work with business users during UAT testing for the new software to help build better communication and training materials for the staff roll out.
The Organizational Readiness Lead will own the overall Business Readiness Plan (the Plan) that includes a Training Plan for each release of the Dynamics365 platform. The Plan will include readiness activities for systems changes and for new processes. The BCSC has procured vendor support for creating the Plan and related training deliverables for systems change training, and the Organizational Readiness Lead will work closely with this vendor and BCSC staff to establish and execute the Plan.
You will have the opportunity to work in a hybrid and collaborative work environment. You will be expected to build trust and inclusion, and work to establish effective relationships both inside and outside of the organization. You will be supported by a strong team of experienced colleagues.
What your day looks like:
- Develop the Overall Business Readiness plan and integrate the Training Plan so that the materials and events required for training staff for the new system are identified and planned.
- Develop the section of the Plan targeted at the roll out of new processes (considering where process-oriented training can also be incorporated into the systems training).
- Develop and test content to prepare for trainings.
- Work with our technology professionals to coordinate training sessions to socialize business users on agile development methodology including terminology used in Agile and expectations for user involvement, so that our business users can participate effectively in systems design and testing.
- Work with BCSC staff to train the trainers and to connect business staff to offered trainings
- Work with BCSC staff to identify the additional software components the BCSC requires to develop and deliver training (e.g., a learning management system), and stand them up.
- Support other training initiatives that are part of the digital transformation, including upskilling initiatives.
Your experience and skills include:
- An undergraduate degree and a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in leading training programs or a combination of these qualifications to effectively perform the tasks required
- Ability to lead a diverse team of business users through transformational change
- Excellent communication and judgment skills
- Excellent writing skills and plain language style
- Past experience managing business user input in a digital transformation program
- Past experience in instructional design, creating training strategies and plans, and related communication materials
- Ability to work in an Agile environment
- Added knowledge of learning management systems, authoring tools, data management tools, external data enrichment, web scraping, and social media sources is nice to have
At the BCSC, we understand the importance of diversity of thought and experience and we are dedicated to developing and upskilling our employees. If you believe your experience and technical skills are transferable to this role and you are interested in continuing to grow your skill set, we encourage you to apply.
We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment, and a competitive compensation package that includes four weeks of annual vacation. Visit https://www.bcsc.bc.ca/about/careers to explore this exciting opportunity and apply online by May 25, 2022. Competition # 22-126.
The Commission has adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that went into effect on November 1, 2021. Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada. Investment restrictions apply. We are an equal opportunity merit-based employer.