The BC Council of Forest Industries (COFI) is seeking a Manager, Public Affairs to join our team based in Vancouver. The Manager, Public Affairs will work closely with members of COFI’s Public Affairs team and collaborate with member companies. This position will be responsible for planning and implementation for the overall public affairs program, in partnership with the Director, Public Affairs and Vice President, Government and Public Affairs.
- Support the development and lead implementation of the annual COFI communications, community relations and government affairs plans, in consultation with Director and Vice President and in partnership with the public affairs team.
- Create and implement public affairs campaigns for COFI Initiatives including sustainability programming, study releases, the Forest Education program, communicating the role of forestry and forest products in mitigating climate change and more. Develop communications materials that effectively tell the story of BC forestry, COFI member companies and important topics related to forestry.
- Manage COFI’s digital presence, in cooperation with Coordinator, Public Affairs, including: redevelopment and ongoing updates of COFI website; the COFI social media program; and COFI’s suite of visual communications material.
- Prepare presentations, briefing notes, key messages, information sheets, communications materials for internal Board and other meetings as well as external programs, stakeholder engagement, etc.
- Support the planning and implementation of COFI events such as the annual Convention, community outreach and more; and COFI’s participation and sponsorship of events.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Degree in communications, political studies, public policy, sustainability or other applicable field
- Experience developing and executing communications plans, ideally in the natural resource sector or a related industry
- Keen, organized and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative team-player; able to work well independently and as a part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to understand complex policy, regulatory and other issues and translate these into simple and effective communications
- Experience with government relations, public policy development and stakeholder engagement is an asset
The BC Council of Forest Industries (COFI) is a trade association representing the majority of forest products manufacturers in British Columbia. Our members are leaders in the global forest products industry, helping to drive the economy of the province and the communities in which they operate.
COFI advocates for the interests of its members and works with all levels of government to promote a healthy, diversified, sustainable forest industry. It works to ensure policies and regulations are effective and help to maintain forest sector competitiveness in the global marketplace while ensuring the highest environmental standards.
For more information about COFI, please visit www.cofi.org
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.