As Public Awareness Program Coordinator with Trans Mountain, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a progressive and fast-paced group of experts in the Public Awareness department. This position is based in our Burnaby Regional Office.
- Coordinates logistics for presentations and events, including tradeshows (virtual or in-person)
- Represents Trans Mountain at events by delivering key messages, answering queries, and documenting interactions
- Assists with producing external materials: brochures, newsletters, fact sheets, website and social media content
- Coordinates mailing campaigns, including generating or obtaining contact lists, organizing mailing through approved company vendors or executing in-house
- Manages database entry for program documentation requirements and prepares reports as required
- Supports delivery of the annual landowner package program
- Provides support for vendor requisitions and documentation through established company processes
- Works with other team members to ensure consistent messaging and approach for external audiences
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Post-secondary education or experience in Communications, Journalism, or Public Affairs
- Three to five years of experience in corporate Communications, Marketing, or Public Affairs
- Advanced computer office application skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task
- Must have valid driver’s license and ability to travel as required; access to a vehicle preferred
- Ability to work after hours or on weekends as required
We Build Careers and Pipelines That Last
Our story is about determination, resourcefulness and resilience. It’s about charting our own course, finding innovative solutions to challenging problems and doing the right thing. It was true when Trans Mountain became a company in 1951 and it’s just as true today. We welcome new members to our team that embrace the qualities in our story, that thrive on the new path and directions we take. Our culture is one of care and taking our responsibilities seriously. If you would like to contribute to our culture, then join our journey.
A Rewarding Opportunity. We offer:
- A place to share a sense of purpose and build relationships.
- Meaningful work that makes a difference.
- An opportunity within the Canadian energy industry.
In keeping with Trans Mountain’s commitment to maximize benefits for communities, priority will be given to qualified candidates from Indigenous, local and regional communities along the Trans Mountain existing, and expansion, pipeline corridor.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trans Mountain is committed to supporting diversity and individual differences. The diverse viewpoints and cultural knowledge that our employees bring to work enrich our organization’s collective cultural understanding, which is reflected in the work we do every day. Trans Mountain welcomes new team members from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Indigenous Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.