As a Public Relations Coordinator with Trans Mountain, you’ll have the opportunity to work with an innovative and creative group of communications professionals. This position is based in our Burnaby office. Learn from your Leader, the Manager, Engagement.
The primary responsibility of the Public Relations Coordinator is to respond to inquiries from the public and broader community on behalf of Trans Mountain Corporation. The Public Relations Coordinator will assist in the development of content, key messaging, website/blog content and materials in support of Trans Mountain’s communications and engagement efforts. In addition, this position supports the Stakeholder Engagement & Communications team with administrative support and participates in key public outreach events.
- Daily monitoring of public email inbox and phone line
- Provide responses to general questions through phone and email with approved messaging
- Develop and maintain messaging/responses of public inquiries
- Assist in developing communications plan
- Assist and participate in key public outreach events including workshops, open houses, etc. as necessary
- Research and prepare draft responses to assist with follow up responses to commitments made through engagement activities
- Assist overall Stakeholder Engagement & Communications team where necessary including administrative support, research, communications drafts, key messages, materials development etc.
- Coordinate e-blast communications and notifications as needed
- Write and post content for the Trans Mountain website
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Post-secondary education or experience in Communications or a related discipline
- Three to five years of experience working in public/community relations
- Previous experience working in customer service and/or dealing with detailed questions
- Experience working in a fast-paced, multi-level, project-based communications environment with emphasis on tight timelines and delivery
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with others
- Excellent customer service skills with an ability to navigate and facilitate difficult conversations
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail and the ability to work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Other Requirements and Information
- Based in Burnaby, BC
- Ability to travel as required
- Office, field and home office work; flexible work week, which may include Saturdays
We Build Careers and Pipelines That Last
Our story is about determination, resourcefulness and resilience. It’s about charting our own course, finding innovative solutions to challenging problems and doing the right thing. It was true when Trans Mountain became a company in 1951 and it’s just as true today. We welcome new members to our team that embrace the qualities in our story, that thrive on the new path and directions we take. Our culture is one of care and taking our responsibilities seriously. If you would like to contribute to our culture, then join our journey.
A Rewarding Opportunity. We offer:
- A place to share a sense of purpose and build relationships.
- Meaningful work that makes a difference.
- An opportunity within the Canadian energy industry.
In keeping with Trans Mountain’s commitment to maximize benefits for communities, priority will be given to qualified candidates from Indigenous, local and regional communities along the Trans Mountain existing, and expansion, pipeline corridor.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trans Mountain is committed to supporting diversity and individual differences. The diverse viewpoints and cultural knowledge that our employees bring to work enrich our organization’s collective cultural understanding, which is reflected in the work we do every day. Trans Mountain welcomes new team members from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Indigenous Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.