CAREER OPPORTUNITY: COMMUNICATION WRITER (PART TIME – 3 DAYS PER WEEK – 12 MONTH CONTRACT)
ABOUT THE PLAN OFFICE OF THE IWA–FOREST INDUSTRY PENSION AND LTD PLANS
Established to support Canadian forestry workers and their families, the IWA–Forest Industry Pension and LTD Plans provide pension and disability benefits and rehabilitation services to members.
With over $4 billion in assets, 450+ participating employers and 70,000 members, the IWA–Forest Industry Pension Plan is one of Canada’s top 100 pension funds, and is one of the top three private sector pension funds in BC. The IWA–Forest Industry LTD Plan was created almost a decade after the pension plan, and now serves over 12,000 members across western Canada.
The plans are intended to supplement government retirement benefits and provide financial protection in the event of illness and injury. They are a valuable part of members’ financial security in retirement and beyond. Both plans are administered by the Plan Office, which manages plan assets and benefits.
WHO YOU ARE
The Plan Office regularly communicates to members and other stakeholders using a variety of media. Our goal is to educate members and comply with legal communication requirements.
The information we convey to members and other stakeholders can be complex and detailed. With all communication, we use language that is at once approachable and professional; keeping any message as easy-to-understand as possible while still being thorough.
The main responsibilities would include:
- Craft content for the member/employer bi-annual newsletter, plan annual reports and internal newsletters. This involves brainstorming, researching topics and drafting content.
- Work closely with the Communication Specialist and relevant departments (pension, LTD, contributions, legal) to update, overhaul and develop new forms and booklets as needed
- Create template letters as requested
- Set up quarterly member webinars with the pension department
- Create templates and send mass emails via CyberImpact and Mailchimp software
- Together with the Communication Specialist, coordinate and promote in-person and/or virtual seminars using Eventbrite and Calendly
- Update website as needed – add new content as created
- Respond to queries from social media such as Facebook, Google
- Other projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing or related discipline. Three or more years of experience in marketing preferably in writing; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a member-based organization and pension and financial literacy a definite asset.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work and strong organizational skills with the ability to balance competing priorities and effectively deal with changing situations or priorities.
- Excellent planning, organization and project management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and individually.
- Computer literate, including efficient in Zoom webinars, Microsoft Office, and Acrobat Pro.
The IWA—Forest Industry Pension and LTD Plans are responsible for the management and protection of large amounts of confidential information. All employees are expected to understand the requirements of and act in accordance with provincial privacy laws as well as to adhere to internal controls and policies to ensure confidential information is not revealed to or distributed or discussed with anyone other than as required to perform the duties of the position.
We thank you for your application; however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your resume with cover letter and sample writing to firstname.lastname@example.org before December 16, 2020.