The Senior Communications Officer is a key member of the FNHA Communications team and upholds the vision and mandate of the FNHA. Reporting to the Manager, Communications Services, the Senior Communications Officer leads the development and implementation of proactive communications strategies, campaigns, and assets for diverse FNHA health and wellness programs including primary care, mental health and wellness, harm reduction, health promotion and emergency management.
As a health and wellness organization, the First Nations Health Authority has aligned with the Provincial Public Health Order released on October 14, 2021. We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees at First Nations Health Authority. This policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If selected for employment, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination by providing a copy of your BC Vaccination Card Passport with the QR code.
- Develops, plans and delivers proactive communications with general direction from Manager, including the development of key messages and communications assets such as publications, articles and ad copy, videos, podcasts, web content and other collateral as needed.
- Leads the execution of communication and campaign strategies in collaboration with other members of the communications team, internal and external stakeholders and senior executives.
- Through discussions with internal and external stakeholders, establishes understanding and ensures consideration of First Nations perspectives and cultures, and alignment with FNHA values and 7 Directives.
- Provides leadership and support to integrate the communications needs of the FNHA and health partners.
- Ensures consistency in branding, public image and messaging.
- Collaborates with colleagues to develop social media strategies, marketing, and measurement plans for communications campaigns.
- Provides oversight to quality of materials by writing, editing, reviewing, and supervising the work of contractors and vendors as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or Social Sciences plus 5 + years of experience with progressive responsibility, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Recent, relevant and significant communications and/or social marketing experience.
- Experience overseeing major projects and timelines.
- Strong writing and editing experience, including for web and social media.
- Experience managing vendor relationships.
- Experience working with First Nations or within a First Nations led organization is an asset.
- Experience working within a healthcare or non-profit organization is an asset.