ICBC's Communications team is hiring a Senior Communications Specialist with experience in Issues Management to join their team in North Vancouver.
The Specialist will identify, support and coordinate the management of issues that may negatively affect the corporation’s reputation, finances or operations.
• Consults with business areas to determine communications requirements on issues and provides strategic communications support as required, including developing strategic communication plans and tactical implementation timelines.
• Help promote ICBC’s corporate issues management process by building and maintaining working relationships inside and outside the corporation to enable effective issues management.
• Ensures appropriate measures are taken for timely identification, tracking, reporting and mitigation of potential issues. Provides advice to business areas on high profile issues management.
• Plays a lead role in writing issues notes and briefing documents, along with key messages, for ICBC’s senior leadership team and for government, to ensure issues are raised in a timely manner and with a clear understanding.
• Supports information needs of government, including developing issues summaries, backgrounders and messaging, and providing real-time support during legislature debates.
• Knowledge of the principals, concepts, standards and best practices in the communications field and issues management, and related functions including media and government relations.
• Familiarity with the nature of issues and communication challenges within the corporate environment.
• Familiarity with the current legislative and regulatory environment, government structure, and political relationships and practices.
• Knowledge of the principles, methods, techniques and tools of communications and communications planning.
• Interpersonal and relationship-building and communication skills.
Please apply on company website: https://bit.ly/2ESa7SM