Do you thrive in an environment that is always changing, where every day can present a new challenge for you to solve? If so, join our diverse Public Affairs team where you will represent one of Canada’s largest and fastest-growing health authorities.
As a Senior Consultant, Public Affairs you will manage high-profile, breaking issues in a transparent, ethical manner. You will build relationships with your colleagues to create pathways to information and enjoy managing key partners and generating consensus.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with experience and passion for team work and collaboration but can get down to business independently. If you are undaunted by adversity, are a natural self-starter and like nothing more than learning something new every day then this is the role for you!
Build on your education and career experience as you:
- Developing and recommending strategic communications and/or promotional plans; carrying these plans forward from the goal-setting through to the creative solution including the implementation and evaluation stages.
- Developing media action plans including setting objectives, coordinating appropriate internal spokespeople and interview opportunities, preparing key messages and news releases; determining appropriate media outlets, pitching and evaluating media results.
- Developing relationships with reporters based on trust and acting as one of a group of spokespeople for the organization.
- Managing complex issues on tight deadlines while being conscious of multiple partner perspectives.
- Coordinating events while working closely with government and community partners.
To join our award winning team, we will look for you to have:
- Degree in Communications, Public Relations or a related subject area such as Journalism.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of recent, related experience in a communications or public affairs role in a public sector, health care or a large complex organization.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
This full time position is based at our Central City offices in Surrey, BC, with access to rapid transit, shopping, restaurants, on-site gym and other amenities.
If this sounds like the excellent role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
- A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with health care providers who are excellent in their respective fields.
- Fantastic opportunities for support and management roles are available as you advance within the organization.
- Competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
- A chance to create a difference every day in the world of health care.
Fraser Health is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 26,000 employees, 2,900 physicians and nearly 6,000 volunteers, we serve more than 1.8 million people - over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
Take the next step in your career and make a difference in the communities we serve! Apply today, so we can continue the conversation.
We value diversity in the work force and seek to maintain an environment of respect, caring and trust.
Find out what it’s like to work here. Like us on Facebook(@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram(@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.
Visit https://careers.fraserhealth.ca/ and create a profile. Once profile is updated, please apply to posting #1247908.