Aviso Wealth is a national, integrated financial services company, with over $58 billion in assets. Aviso is owned by Credit Union Centrals, CUMIS and Desjardins. Under the Credential brand, our MFDA-regulated dealer, full-service IIROC-regulated brokerage, and insurance dealer support thousands of financial advisors at hundreds of credit unions across Canada. Our award-winning online brokerage, Qtrade Investor, and our automated investing platform, VirtualWealth, give Canadians flexible choices for building their wealth. Our asset manager, NEI Investments, is a Canadian leader in Responsible Investment funds and portfolios, which are available through a national network of advisors. Through CQ Correspondent Partners, Aviso also provides custodial services and introducing broker services to independent financial organizations, including banks, trust companies, insurance companies, investment dealers, portfolio managers and financial planning firms. Aviso has major operations in Vancouver and Toronto, along with regional offices across Canada. More information about Aviso Wealth is available at www.aviso.ca.
At Aviso, you’ll find a dynamic, entrepreneurial culture that rewards innovation and celebrates successes. We offer a competitive compensation package, career enrichment, and regular social events to foster teamwork. In this role, you’ll be a part of a creative, ambitious and fun marketing and communications team.
We’re looking for a highly strategic and collaborative Senior Manager, Communications to join our Communications team. Reporting to the Director of Communications & Creative Services, you will lead the development and execution of communications strategies for Credential, the Credit Union Wealth Management line of business, and help support Internal communications. In addition, you will manage a team of highly skilled and talented writers whose mandate is to support the specific lines of business associated with the Aviso Wealth group of companies (including a dedicated team for the Credit Union Wealth Management line of business). Finally, you are a senior, experienced financial services communications professional who can lead and mentor a team of writers but equally comfortable, if not passionate about, rolling up the sleeves to get things done.
Working closely with the leadership team and subject matter experts associated with the Credit Union Wealth Management line of business, you will be responsible for developing the appropriate communication strategies and tactics in support of driving business objectives and initiatives. This includes developing and managing the Credential brand voice, refining and evolving the brand story as appropriate, identifying and crafting key messages, overseeing operational and ongoing communications (to partners and advisors), leading event and marketing communications, and supporting PR activities.
As part of this role, you will be expected to oversee, help envision, and when required, write a wide range of accurate and engaging content for distribution across multiple channels themselves, including:
- Sales and marketing materials, including new product introductions and campaigns, collateral (brochures, fact sheets, sales aids etc.), presentations, educational content, and content marketing materials
- Website content
- C-suite/executive level communications
- Change management/employee engagement communications
- Video scripts
- Email marketing initiatives
- Business backgrounders
- Operational communications (to partners and advisors)
- Event presentations and speeches
In addition, the Senior Manger, Communications is also expected to help support the internal communications team (lead by the Senior Manager, Communications – Corporate and Internal) with strategic planning and staff engagement as needed given the importance of building a “Great Place to Work” at Aviso.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or Journalism
- A minimum 9 + years of full-time experience in communications roles, which includes being part of a corporate or agency communications team and/or marketing team.
- A minimum 4+ years experience within the financial services industry
- At least 3+ years in a leadership role with proven ability to mentor and support a skilled team of communication specialists/ writers
- Experience in wealth management communications required – including familiarity with the sales environment for IIROC-and MFDA- regulated advisors
- Knowledge of the credit union system desired
- Proven experience developing effective communication plans while paying attention to detail and the executional elements required to roll out the plans
- Passionate about creating a compelling narrative to solicit the required action/convey the appropriate brand attributes and messages
- Ability to write in a variety of formats and styles for multiple audiences, with excellent control of grammar and style a must
- Experience writing smart, impactful B2B and B2C communications
- Experience writing internal and corporate communications
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically with diverse stakeholders, specifically senior executives
- Self-starter with strong initiative and creativity
- Ideally a conceptual thinker with an aptitude for bringing great ideas to life
- A life-long learner, interested in current market events, industry news, and innovative trends and technologies.
- Strong business acumen, with insight into consumer behaviour required
- Financial designation such as a CSC, PFP, or CFP an asset, but not required
- Media relations experience an asset, but not required
- Thrives in a high-growth, entrepreneurial, and professional environment
- Strong knowledge of the financial services industry and ideally the credit union business
- Understanding of current audience demographics and psychographics