Our vision is to be the global leader in outstanding venues and events with a mandate to generate economic and community benefit for the people of British Columbia through prudent management of public facilities.
BC Place hosts the province’s biggest and brightest events. Home to the BC Lions Football Club, Vancouver Whitecaps FC, BC Sports Hall of Fame, the largest trade and consumer shows in Western Canada, world class concerts and incredible community events; a unique and exciting place to work! We are a division of PavCo, a Crown Corporation with a mandate to generate economic and community benefit for the people of British Columbia. We are hiring a Senior Marketing and Communications Manager to join their talented and dedicated team.
You will manage BC Place's marketing and communications programs including new marketing initiatives, digital strategy, internal and external communications, collateral materials, sponsorship program support, web site content, event promotions, and brand identity programs. As a senior member of the PavCo Communications and Community Engagement team, this position supports an assorted range of communications functions across the organization as well.
The Senior Marketing and Communications Manager plays a critical role in the development and execution of our marketing and communications strategy and is required to be strategic, tactical, and innovative, as well as have the ability to lead and enhance the marketing and communications functions for one of BC’s most recognized facilities and leading economic generators. This all-encompassing marketing and communications position for one of Vancouver’s landmark facilities requires you to have a proven track record of success. Additionally, the Senior Manager is a key member of the stadium’s management team and will be expected to provide strategic counsel to the team while rolling up your sleeves to get things done.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Communications and Community Engagement for BC Pavilion Corporation (PavCo), you will deliver high level corporate communications and community engagement strategies and initiatives for BC Place and support the broader communications team across PavCo. This position will be responsible for leading the execution of the marketing and communications strategy for the stadium including marketing, social media and digital strategy development, media relations, issues management support, and community relations as required.
The Senior Manager works closely with the Communications Manager at the Vancouver Convention Centre as well as the Senior Director, Communications and Community Engagement to lead strategic communications for PavCo.
The Senior Manager will coach spokespeople, act as spokesperson when required, as well as build and enhance the already well-established profile and reputation of BC Place with a wide variety of community, industry, and government stakeholders, and local and international trade media. This position will also create communications opportunities through various channels and resources to boost the stadium’s image with clients and key stakeholders and who will recognize, evaluate, and respond effectively to a wide variety of marketing and communications challenges and opportunities.
- Develops and fosters relationships with both local and trade media.
- Provides services for event promotion and marketing strategy development support with key clients including BC Lions, Whitecaps FC and others
- Creates, manages and directs all BC Place advertising and community programs.
- Creates, manages and directs communication updates to clients, stakeholders, and local communities of BC Place.
- Develops all information content for BC Place’s website including regular updates of main and community information pages.
- Creates and manages Issue Notes, Briefing Notes and Board Notes for an audience of the Executive, President & CEO, and/or Ministry
- Creates and edits press releases, fact sheets, collateral materials, and advertising.
- Acts as Communications Officer for events responsible for social media, issues management and crisis communications.
- Primary contact for BC Place for Government Communications and Public Engagement
- Creates and manages all BC Place internal communications
- Creates and maintains Crisis Communications Plan.
- Collaborates with VCC Communications and Human Resources to develop and execute an employee communications strategy.
- Writes and directs the production of special communications projects.
- Produces speaker support presentation materials (print and Power Point) for seminars, speeches, and community events for senior leaders.
Marketing and Business Development
- Lead Attendance Generation and Event Development initiatives
- Engage Tourism Industry Partnerships to enhance the profile and reputation of the venue
- Implement Guest Satisfaction Surveys & Benchmarking (minimum of three per year) to support business intelligence and feedback
- Sponsorship and advertising support for BC Place and key suppliers as required across all media channels, especially digital
- Revitalization of the stadium’s Communication Platforms including:
- Websites Review & Refresh
- Email Marketing platform
- Social Media Channel content enhancements
- Develop and implement the Community Engagement brand platform to showcase the Community Initiatives undertaken at BC Place, and at PavCo
- Plan annual Communications strategies and Proactive Storytelling plans to generate awareness and support the community brand development
- Engage the Teams, Clients and BC Sports Hall of Fame to develop Partnership Initiatives that support Community Development
- Lead the development of the Stadium’s Corporate Social Responsibility Plan, and takes a lead role in helping educate and support our local community engagement activities and various charity initiatives.
- Support the leadership team in public relations and guest communications.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completion of a 4-year University Degree in Marketing or Communications is preferred.
- 7 to 10 years’ progressive experience in Marketing and Communications in a crown corporation or communications agency.
- Experience in senior level issues management, media relations and crisis communications.
- Proven track record of creating and implementing marketing and communications programs.
- Experienced in on camera interviews, print and radio interviews, as spokesperson or subject matter expert.
- Previous leadership experience and managing a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound working knowledge of standard software applications including Microsoft Office.
As an important member of our Communications and Community Engagement team, you will receive a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including the best Pension plan in BC, in a great company culture.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity and you are interested in working at a fun, fast-paced and unique environment where you can make a difference by contributing to world class events please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on the Apply Now button!
BC Pavilion Corporation (PavCo), a global leader in venue development, marketing and management, is a provincial Crown Corporation with a significant mandate to generate economic and community benefit for the people of British Columbia through its world class facilities - BC Place Stadium and the Vancouver Convention Centre. Our internationally-recognized facilities host a diverse range of events, from global summit meetings, professional and amateur sports to trade and consumer shows, and cultural, film and entertainment events, generating in excess of $400 million annually of economic benefit.
At PavCo, we are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply via the PavCo website here: https://can61e2.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/pavco/Site/BCPavcoClientCareerSite/Posting/View/785