Full Time Position
Package includes bonus and full health/dental/life insurance coverage
Earnscliffe Strategy Group, with offices across Canada, is looking for an experienced and motivated Strategic Communications Coordinator who holds a unique balance of project management experience, writing and interpersonal skills together with strong business acumen and a proven track record working in strategic communications. Ideally located in Vancouver, Toronto or Ottawa, you are looking for your next career opportunity where you can continue to grow and guild on your experience.
Founded in 1989 and independently owned by our Principals, Earnscliffe Strategy Group operates from offices in Vancouver, Saskatoon, Toronto, Ottawa and Quebec.
Our team includes Campaign Strategists, Communication Experts, Business Leaders, Academics, Government Policymakers, Award-winning Journalists and Public Opinion Analysts. We are a recognized leader in each of our service offerings: Strategic Communications, Government Relations, Public Policy Analysis & Opinion, and Market Research.
Our Coordinators play a vital role in supporting our Principals and project teams in the delivery of our service to clients. Upon joining the team, you will report to our National Strategic Communications Practice Lead with responsibilities including but not exclusive to the following:
- Manage competing priorities of multiple projects with varying complexities while meeting firm deadlines.
- Research, media and marketplace monitoring and preparing briefing and summary materials.
- Supports in the scheduling of meetings, clarifying priorities and required materials.
- Provides support, captures notes and action items during internal team calls and external client calls, as requested.
- Preparation of presentations, proposals, reports and other materials, including editing, proofreading and formatting.
- Supports well-organized electronic filing systems that permits easy reference and rapid retrieval of information, and, where required, that meets legislated and governance requirements.
- Issue and sectoral research.
- Media and social media monitoring and creation of reports.
- Collection and analysis of relevant data sets (ie – social media analytics, media sentiment and analysis).
- Database maintenance, including ensuring accurate records and templates.
- Participating in client meetings as needed.
- Participate in the formatting and development of communication plans that consider scope, content, tone, measurable objectives, target audiences and key messages.
- Project manage and assist with a diverse mix of strategic communications and public relations projects/programs as required.
- Collaborate to achieve consistency, alignment and continuous improvement in processes, work quality and effectiveness.
- Act as liaison between project teams and on internal projects.
- Social media content preparation and scheduling, if and as requested.
- General administrative and logistical support and planning, including customer relations management responsibilities.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
This challenging role requires a complex combination of skills and knowledge. These include the following:
- A degree or diploma, or equivalent experience, related to strategic communications, journalism or marketing is an asset, combined with a minimum of three years of relevant work experience, ideally in an agency or consulting environment.
- Strong self-starter who is resourceful and independent.
- Experience with the design and creative development process for social media channels, email, online, and print communications.
- Proficiency with working in Mac/Apple products and with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel (and G-Suite materials); Microsoft Teams; social media platforms (Facebook Business and Ad Manager, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc); advertising and management tools and software (ie – media buyer planning tools, Hootsuite, Agorapulse, etc); web-based and in-person engagement, campaign administration and monitoring tools (ie – Meltwater, NewMode, etc).
Teamwork Skills and Characteristics
Teamwork is paramount at Earnscliffe. You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven success in working with teams in a complex, multi-disciplined environment
- Team player who effectively integrates, motivates and builds relationships with cross-functional team members (local or remote).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing conditions and team requirements.
- Resourceful and creative problem-solver.
- Must be accountable, reliable, and professional.
- Highly developed written, oral, and digital communication skills.
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail.
- Experience working with a communications agency or in a digital marketing or public relations corporate or consulting environment is an asset; though not required).
- Bilingualism (oral and written French and English) is an asset; though not required.
- Fast-paced workplace environment.
- You must be able to interact professionally with all team members throughout our organisation while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume with a cover letter explaining why you believe you are the right person for this opportunity, via this posting or directly through the website.
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate. Our organization is increasingly representative and diverse, including being 40% owned and operated by women. Our strategic initiatives include a talent strategy that applies a Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) lens to our recruitment, development, benefits, rewards, and recognition. Earnscliffe offers companywide accommodations for working arrangements including working from home, flex time and recently introduced an employment insurance top-up program for pregnancy and parental leave.