Full Time Position
Package includes bonus and full health/dental/life insurance coverage
Earnscliffe Strategy Group is looking for an experienced and motivated Graphic + Web Designer who holds a unique balance of project management experience and interpersonal skills together with strong business acumen and a proven track record working in strategic communications. Ideally located in Vancouver, Toronto or Ottawa, you are looking for your next career opportunity where you can continue to grow and build on your experience.
Founded in 1989 and independently owned by our Principals, Earnscliffe Strategy Group is a national company and operates from offices in Vancouver, Saskatoon, Toronto, Ottawa and Quebec.
Our team includes Communication Experts, Business Leaders, Academics, Government Policymakers, Award-winning Journalists and Public Opinion Analysts. We are a recognized leader in each of our service offerings: Strategic Communications, Government Relations, Public Policy Analysis & Opinion, and Market Research.
Our Graphic + Web Designers play a vital role in supporting our corporate marketing and project teams in the delivery of our service to clients. On joining the team, you will report to our National Strategic Communications Practice Lead with responsibilities including but not exclusive to the following:
- Proven understanding of graphic design fundamentals and skills with a strong portfolio.
- Design layouts and templates across multiple platforms and channels for various brands.
- Deliver production-ready digital design assets for use in social media and marketing channels.
- Demonstrated ability to take a design projects from concept to launch.
- Promote and maintain consistent branding, design guidelines, best practices and company standards for various internal and external brands.
- Create and maintain a database of design assets.
- Utilize data and analytics in making design decisions.
- Proven work experience as a Web Designer.
- Proven track record of taking a collaborative approach with UX, marketing, engineering, and other teams or suppliers.
- Awareness of UI/UX principles.
- Conceptualize original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present designs and key deliverables to project teams, and where applicable, client teams.
- Up-to-date with the latest web trends, techniques and technologies.
- Conceptualizing and implementing creative ideas for client websites, as well as creating visual elements that are in line with our company and/or our clients' branding.
- Testing and improving website design.
- Maintaining the appearance of websites by enforcing content standards.
- Designing visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with branding for clients.
- Incorporating functionalities and features into websites.
- Good understanding of search engine optimization principles.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Superior user interface design skills.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere)
- Social media and/or social media content management programs software, such as Agorapulse and Meltwater, including advertising accounts.
- Email marketing software such as MailChimp.
Qualifications & Skills
This challenging role requires a complex combination of skills and knowledge. These include the following:
- A degree or diploma, or equivalent experience, in graphic design and web design and development, strategic communications, journalism or marketing, combined with a minimum of three years of relevant work experience, ideally in an agency or consulting environment.
- Experience with the design and creative development process and products for social media and advertising programs, email, online, and print communications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; Adobe Creative Suite; social media platforms, advertising and management tools; web-based and in-person engagement, administration and monitoring tools.
Teamwork Skills and Characteristics
Teamwork is paramount at Earnscliffe. You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven success in working with teams in a complex, multi-disciplined environment.
- Team player who effectively integrates, motivates and builds relationships with cross-functional team members (local or remote).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing conditions and team requirements.
- Resourceful and creative problem-solver.
- Must be accountable, reliable, and professional.
- Highly developed written, oral, and digital communication skills.
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail.
- Bilingualism (oral and written French and English) is preferred, though not required.
- Fast-paced workplace environment.
- You must be able to interact professionally with all team members throughout our organisation while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume with a cover letter explaining why you believe you are the right person for this opportunity, via this posting or directly through the website.
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate. Our organization is increasingly representative and diverse, including being 40% owned and operated by women. Our strategic initiatives include a talent strategy that applies a Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) lens to our recruitment, development, benefits, rewards, and recognition. Earnscliffe offers companywide accommodations for working arrangements including working from home, flex time and recently introduced an employment insurance top-up program for pregnancy and parental leave.