Full Time Position
Package includes bonus and full health/dental/life insurance coverage
Earnscliffe Strategy Group is looking for an experienced and motivated Senior Consultant and Digital Manager who holds a unique balance of social media and project management experience, writing and interpersonal skills together with a strategic mindset and a proven track record working in communications. Ideally located in Vancouver, Toronto or Ottawa, you are looking for your next career opportunity where you can continue to grow and guild on your experience.
Founded in 1989 and independently owned by our Principals, Earnscliffe Strategy Group operates from offices in Vancouver, Saskatoon, Toronto, Ottawa and Quebec.
Our team includes Communication Experts, Business Leaders, Academics, Government Policymakers, Award-winning Journalists and Public Opinion Analysts. We are a recognized leader in each of our service offerings: Strategic Communications, Government Relations, Public Policy Analysis & Opinion, and Market Research.
Our Senior Consultant - Digital Managers play a vital role in supporting our Principals and project teams in the tactical and technical delivery of our digital campaign services, including advertising. This position will focus primarily on developing the digital strategy and administering project management systems for communications campaigns with both on-the-ground and online management tactics and tools. On joining the team, you will report to our National Strategic Communications Practice Lead with responsibilities including but not exclusive to the following:
Digital Campaign Management
- Track campaign and social media performance. Generate insights from monthly reports and present the overall performance of each campaign to the client.
- Work with Client leads and Strategic Communications Principals to identify and communicate the areas for growth, successes and recommended next steps.
- Work with the team to guide best approach for social media campaigns and establish opportunities for optimization.
- Participate in the development and delivery of communication plans that consider scope, content, tone, measurable objectives, target audiences and key messages.
- Manage and grow team members working on digital campaigns.
- Oversee the development and management of content calendars across multiple brands.
- Test new strategies and tactics and make improvement recommendations. Identify industry trends and present the opportunities to the Strategic Communications team.
- Bring new and engaging ideas and concepts for communications campaigns and organic content.
- Direct and/or consult with creative team on content direction, where applicable.
- Develop and enforce standards, best practices and processes for communications campaigns and social media management.
- Work with Client leads and Strategic Communications Principals to keep the project/campaign team on track and ensure they are following the strategy for each client.
- Client team project management, including day-to-day oversight for communications campaign projects and deliverables.
- Manage competing priorities of multiple projects with varying complexities while meeting firm deadlines.
- Project manage and assist with a diverse mix of strategic communications and public relations projects/programs as required.
- Act as liaison between project teams and on internal projects.
Strategic Communications Team Support
- Assist in proposal and report preparation, including proofreading and formatting.
- Collaborate to achieve consistency, alignment and continuous improvement in processes, work quality and effectiveness.
Qualifications & Skills
This challenging role requires a complex combination of skills and knowledge. These include the following:
- A degree or diploma, or equivalent experience, related to strategic communications, journalism or marketing with a minimum of five years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with the ability to distill complex or detailed information into concise messages that resonate with the audience and inspire action.
- Highly creative with an interest in social/digital platforms and trends.
- Proven track record delivering highly effective digital campaigns, including advertising across multiple channels with a wide range of budgets.
- Project management experience and ability to maximize results within given constraints, including timelines, budget and scope.
- Experience working with a communications agency, or in a digital marketing and advertising agency, or public relations corporate or consulting environment.
- Expertise with the design and creative development process for social media channels, email, online, and print communications.
- Familiarity or proficiency with working in Mac/Apple products and with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel (and G-Suite materials); Microsoft Teams; social media platforms (Facebook Business and Ad Manager, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc); advertising and management tools and software (ie – media buyer planning tools, Hootsuite, Agorapulse, etc); web-based and in-person engagement, campaign administration and monitoring tools (ie – Meltwater, NewMode, etc).
- Day-to-day working experience with project management and social media management software tools.
- Demonstrated commitment to transparent, ethical communications materials implemented with integrity.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail.
- Bilingualism (oral and written French and English) is an asset, though not required.
Teamwork Skills and Characteristics
Teamwork is paramount at Earnscliffe. You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven success in working with teams and executive leadership in a complex, multi-disciplined environment
- Team player who effectively integrates, motivates and builds relationships with cross-functional team members (local or remote), sponsors, key stakeholders, executives, and other individuals or organizations involved with or affected by a project.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence, negotiate and achieve results with others.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives.
- Fast-paced workplace environment.
- You must be able to interact professionally with all team members throughout our organisation while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume with a cover letter explaining why you believe you are the right person for this opportunity, via email@example.com or directly through the website.
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate. Our organization is increasingly representative and diverse, including being 40% owned and operated by women. Our strategic initiatives include a talent strategy that applies a Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) lens to our recruitment, development, benefits, rewards, and recognition. Earnscliffe offers companywide accommodations for working arrangements including working from home, flex time and recently introduced an employment insurance top-up program for pregnancy and parental leave.