We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
You’re an exceptional communicator with a passion for elevating employee experience and connecting the with organization’s vision. You have a knack for distilling complex topics into simple and relatable messages and are known for your strategic mind and storytelling skills.
In this full-time 12-month temporary role, you’ll join the credible team responsible for strategizing and delivering internal communications of business priorities and fostering employee experience at FortisBC. Reporting to the Manager of Employee Communications, you’ll be working with skilled colleagues on a common goal.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and deliver robust and strategic communications plans to inform and engage employees of our business and accomplishments.
- Use various channels and methods of communication to deliver inspiring and engaging content about the energy industry, the work we are doing as an organization and our incredible people.
- Seek out opportunities to tell FortisBC and department-specific stories, putting a human lens on our organization.
- Build and enhance the relationship with key stakeholders and various business areas, ensuring a customer-centric and collaborative approach.
- See communications projects and initiatives through to completion.
What it takes:
- A bachelors’ degree in journalism, communication, or similar program from a recognized institution plus at least five years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Exceptional communications skills with a succinct writing style that can get to the point quickly and deliver information in a compelling way.
- Excellent strategic-thinking initiative execution skills with the ability to plan big picture initiatives and the attention to detail to elevate small project.
- Great interpersonal skills to maintain relationships in a matrix environment and a dedication to delivering a high standard of client service.
- Effective leadership and decision-making skills to elevate your team and solve complex problems with a focus on results.
- A demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced environment to deliver high-quality work.
In this role, you will have the option to participate in a flexible work program, enabling you to work from an approved flex location in British Columbia up to 85 days a year (equivalent to approximately two days a week), subject to business or operational needs.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn about this role and to apply online, please click here.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.