Are you an agile communicator and quick thinker?
What about an exceptional storyteller and writer who can create a narrative in any medium and in any style?
Are you excited about Vancouver as a place to live, work, play, experience and explore?
If so, Destination Vancouver’s Manager, Corporate Communications role could be the right match for you.
Reporting to the Director, Communications & Stakeholder Engagement, the Manager, Corporate Communications supports the implementation of Destination Vancouver’s communications strategy, tactical communications initiatives and development of compelling stories.
The Manager is a resource for internal teams in developing stakeholder and external communications and providing strategic communications counsel. The role works to advance Destination Vancouver’s strategic priorities and strengthen the organization’s reputation.
- Daily issues tracking and monthly media analysis and reporting.
- Evaluation of existing member and stakeholder communications; implementation of new and revamped communications tools, including newsletter production.
- Writing and production of Quarterly Performance Reports and Destination Vancouver’s annual Business Sprint.
- Development and ongoing maintenance of a communications and key event calendar.
- Responding to relevant media inquiries and managing emerging issues that can affect the organization, destination and/or our industry partners.
- Managing corporate and stakeholder communications to ensure clear, consistent, effective and timely messaging to key audiences.
- Supports the implementation of innovative and effective media relations, advocacy and communications initiatives that raise the profile of programs and Destination Vancouver priorities.
- Working across internal teams to ensure the Destination Vancouver story is told consistently and in a timely manner to all relevant stakeholders.
- Developing presentations, speeches, key messages and other corporate messaging as required.
- Collaborates with key industry organizations and partners including the City of Vancouver, Vancouver Hotel Destination Association, Destination BC, and Destination Canada.
What Are We Looking For?
- We are looking for candidates with at least five (5) years of related experience in corporate and strategic communications, media relations, issues management and content development.
- Superior ability to write, edit and create compelling content are key recruiting criteria.
- Building and maintaining strong partnerships and working with media to position and manage corporate reputation are strengths.
- Candidates must possess project management skills and be able to manage competing workstreams to deliver simultaneous projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Initiative, diplomacy and sound judgement. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to manage and coordinate proactive media relations activities and provide strategic counsel to internal colleagues.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required with fluency in additional language(s) an asset. Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications or a directly related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Who are we?
Destination Vancouver is one of the world’s most dynamic destination management organizations, delivering on a mandate of destination development and promotion that positions Vancouver as a must visit global destination.
Our purpose is to transform our communities and our visitors through the power of travel. This underpins everything we do and how we communicate with potential clients, engage with partners, and support our 800+ members.
Destination Vancouver has a fabulous product and a powerful brand. Our success is measured through the triple bottom line approach of an equal emphasis on people, planet and prosperity. And as a private, not-for-profit business association, our continued relevancy is based on supporting our industry, responsibly and sustainably managing the destination, and building a competitive global destination brand.
What do we offer?
This role is based in Destination Vancouver’s corporate office with proximity to transit and downtown amenities.
We are proud to offer a competitive total rewards program including 3 weeks’ vacation (15 days) to start, an annual recognition plan, extended health care, health spending account, personal spending account, matching Group RRSP program, transit reimbursement, Team Member Referral program, training and development opportunities, and a flexible work environment.
Destination Vancouver believes in and provides a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment.
Expected starting salary range: $75,000 - $88,000.
How Do We Connect?
If this sounds like you because you have the knowledge, experience and drive, and describe yourself as enthusiastic and fun, collaborative and focused on building positive and long-term relationships, we invite you to apply for this exciting position.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is February 15.
For more information, please visit http://destinationvancouver.com