The IABC Canada Master Communicator Award (MC) is a lifetime achievement award and is the highest honor IABC Canada can bestow on an individual member. The Award recognizes outstanding Canadian communicators whose work has brought credit to IABC, the profession, their organization or clients, and whose contributions have raised the standards of organizational communication in Canada.
To be considered for selection, a nominee must be an Accredited Business Communicator (ABC). Any accredited member of IABC in Canada can be considered except:
- Members currently serving on a regional board, and/or
- Members who have served on IABC’s international executive board within the past two years, including regional chairs, directors-at-large and officers of IABC.
The supporting material must demonstrate how the nominee fulfills the following selection criteria:
- Contribution to the communication profession – achievements leading to positive and direct impact, including mentoring and impact on others, and evidence of commitment to professionalism.
- Communication career achievement – excellence in professional work, education level, career-related achievements, advancement, years in the field, scope of responsibilities, and influence.
- Authorship, speaking and lecturing – articles, books, columns, research papers, speeches, teaching, or presentations at conferences, workshop or seminars.
- Contributions to IABC – contributions and volunteer activities at any level (chapter, region, or international), committee work, presentations, articles in Communication World, and other IABC-related activities.
- Other – volunteer activities in the community, business-related contributions, and other awards and recognition.
The selection committee consists of six Master Communicators, including the past chair, the chair and two representatives from each region.
To nominate someone
First, read Tips on How to Prepare a Master Communicator Nomination. Members must be nominated by three IABC members, and the nominee must review the nomination materials and sign the nomination form.
Send the completed nomination form and all supporting documentation as one electronic document (PDF) to Janet Wile, 2012 Chair, Master Communicators Selection Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for nominations is 5 p.m. (EDT) on August 24, 2012.
For more information, visit the IABC Canada site.