Special Interest Groups are for like-minded members who have a passion or specialty in a focused area of communications. Each group usually meets monthly in a casual setting to discuss latest trends and case studies or even to collaborate on short-term projects. SIGs are a great way to get to know your fellow IABCers and because SIGs are participatory, you’ll both share and learn. To view upcoming SIG events, click here.
Attend these active SIGs:
- For consultants or employees who setup, run or contribute to corporate intranets
- Contact Gary Carr and Kirk Grayson
- For people interested in or actively involved in personal or corporate social media initiatives.
- In 2010 this SIG did a pro-bono project for the Beauty Night Society that provides health, fitness and beauty services to disadvantaged women in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside.
- Contact Carrie McIntosh
- For people who have their own communications consultancy.
- Contact Karen Campbell
- For people working for a post-secondary education institution such as UBC, SFU, Kwantlen College or BCIT who want to discuss the challenges, issues and best practices of communicating and marketing post-secondary education programs.
- Contact Shannon Kidd at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Express Your Interest
The following SIG is interested in starting up and looking for participants:
- For people interested in, or actively running SMS, MMS or QRCode campaigns, or writing for mobile apps or mobile websites
- Contact Shannon Kidd at email@example.com
Don’t see your special interest?
Suggest a Special Interest Group to firstname.lastname@example.org.