We’ve been waiting for you.
If you’re ready for your next leadership move, then consider joining IABC/BC’s executive team and bringing your strategic mindset to the chapter that will host the globe at the World Conference in 2019! The Board of Directors is now accepting nominations for the role of Vice President for 2019–2020.
You’re an enthusiastic leader and IABC brand ambassador, and excited to move our chapter forward. You’re keen to lead a dedicated group of chapter leaders, who are committed to our community of communications professionals. If you are a member who is ready to step into this leadership position and gain invaluable entrepreneurial skills and business experience, this is the role for you.
IABC/BC is a vibrant community of professionals working in communication and marketing related disciplines driving business results through strategic communication. We support each other – across industries and regions – through sharing knowledge, leading on best practices, formal and informal mentoring, certification and awards.
What does the VP role involve?
- Succeed automatically to President
- Attend monthly IABC/BC executive calls and serve as a board buddy to portfolio Directors
- Represent IABC/BC on the board of the IABC Canada Western Region (CWR) and report to the IABC/BC board on all CWR activities
- Function as an authorized signing officer
- Represent the chapter at IABC Leadership Institute (Long Beach) and Dare to Lead (Edmonton)
- Maintain relationships with other western region chapters
- Review chapter bylaws, ensure they are accurate and current and present to the chapter and board and AGM, as required
- Facilitate board meetings in the President’s absence
- Assist in the orientation of new board members
- Coordinate and develop leadership development opportunities for IABC/BC board members
- Review and update all board roles and responsibilities prior to the start of the board year and manage board recruitment with the Past President, and Executive Board
- Provide backup support to President
- Maintain a record of the year’s activities in this positions and train successor
- Work with the Past President and Executive Administrator to coordinate the IABC.BC Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Some of the benefits…
- Your network on steroids– through your connection to IABC CWR and International, you will develop productive relationships with leading communicators
- Experience leading an engaged team of communicators– all looking to make a difference for their professional community
- Gain further expertise in strategic planning and budgeting
- Help shape the future of your chapter– and.
- contribute to our goal of becoming international chapter of the year!
All IABC/BC members in good standing (i.e. are professional members whose dues are up-to-date and have not contravened IABC’s Code of Conduct) are welcome to apply for the position, which starts July 1, 2019 (note the first event the Vice President would attend is IABC’s Leadership Institute from February 7-9, 2019 in Long Beach, California).
How to nominate yourself (or a colleague)
If this sounds like a fit for your next leadership move, please review the additional details below and complete the VP nomination form. The form will ask you to either submit a resume or provide a link to your Linkedin profile.
Complete your nomination by Saturday, January 5 at 5:00 pm PDT
Still reading? You must be interested…
- IABC Gold Quill Award winner
- IABC/BC Wave Award / Bronze Quill Award / Blue Wave Award Winner
- SCMP / CMP / ABC / MC
- Previous IABC board experience
- IABC/BC member for 8+ years
- Leadership Institute, February 7–9, 2019, Long Beach California (Get inspired for the year ahead– expenses covered by IABC)
- Dare to Lead conference, May 2019, Edmonton– expenses covered by IABC
- Board strategic planning, full-day (mid-June, July)
- Monthly board meetings (September– May)
- Monthly Canada West Region (CWR) board calls and two in-person planning sessions, typically in November and June– expenses covered by IABC