Destination Canada is a national marketing organization. Known as one of the most innovative and successful tourism marketing organizations in the world, Destination Canada, through partnerships with the private sector and all levels of government, promotes Canada internationally as a premier four-season tourist destination.
Our vision is to inspire the world to explore Canada. We do so by promoting a compelling and consistent image of our country in the international tourism marketplace.
Share our vision?
Destination Canada (DC) has an exciting opportunity for a proven communications professional to manage a dynamic team in leading our corporate and internal communications and stakeholder engagement. Reporting to the Vice President, Strategy & Stakeholder Relations the Director, Corporate Relations & Stakeholder Outreach, is responsible for maintaining strong, effective and productive relationships with a variety of stakeholders including DC staff, government offices and tourism industry partners.
In addition, you will disseminate information, oversee executive communications, and coordinate new initiatives; throughout all this, you’ll offer strategic counsel and insights across the organization. You’re a seasoned leader and effective manager who is experienced in developing corporate frameworks, strategies and tactics that support business objectives.
Education: Undergraduate degree in Communications, Social Sciences, or Business Administration or a suitable combination of education and work experience.
Bilingual imperative: CBC
(The successful candidate(s) must have valid SLE results or be tested and achieve this advanced level language result)
Experience: When applying, the candidate must clearly demonstrate in writing how they meet the following experience criteria:
- Minimum ten years of communications experience
- Minimum of three years of experience managing integrated teams and projects for stakeholders and/or government.
- Communications experience in the public sector or in a federally regulated organization (eg. financial institutions, aviation, telecommunications industry) is an asset
- Experience in developing and implementing communications strategies, policies and plans.
- Experience in developing and pro-actively managing partnerships with external stakeholders.
- Experience writing briefs and/or presentation decks adapted for strategic messaging to target audiences.
- Experience in production of communication material in a bilingual environment where planning must take into account translation.
- Experience in interacting with the media or in a public-facing role would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Destination Canada’s mandate, activities, and communications policies.
- Knowledge of Canada’s tourism industry, especially key stakeholders for Destination Canada.
- Knowledge of best practices relating to communications with external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the federal government decision-making process and its priorities.
- Knowledge of financial budget and human resources management.
- Excellent written communication skills for both conceptual and detailed material.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for liaising with the media, conveying complex information and providing recommendations to executive management on communications issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a focus on establishing and maintaining stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to develop strategies and direct their implementation.
- Ability to develop and proactively manage complex domestic partnerships.
- Ability to convert strategic objectives into action plans, articulate strategies and garner support.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- High level of motivation and the ability to think creatively.
- Adaptability, discretion, tact and good judgment coupled with the ability to prioritize.
- Bilingual imperative CBC
For more details about what we need and how to apply, please visit our Careers section at https://www.destinationcanada.com/en/careers. The deadline for this competition is June 4, 2017. Please note in your application where you learned about this competition.