Be Richly Valued. At BlueShore Financial, our employees are as important as our clients. We strive to create a workplace culture of openness, empowerment, trust and passion. Our values unite our organization and are our guiding compass. But it is our exceptional staff that bring our corporate values to life. They are passionate about delivering exceptional client service and a banking experience that promises to impress. And this level of engagement shows. We’ve been formally recognized making Aon Hewitt’s “50 Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada” list six years in a row and as one of “Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures” in Canada by Waterstone Human Capital.
From the moment you walk into one of our Financial Spas™, you’ll know you’ve arrived at a special place, where all the elements work together to stimulate the senses and create a distinctive atmosphere unlike any financial institution you’ve experienced. We embrace the west coast lifestyle, while providing a premium and sophisticated experience for our clients and employees. You may not recognize us, but we’ve been serving the lower mainland for almost 75 years! But this isn’t the Credit Union of your childhood. We’re different and better.
The Online Communication Specialist is an important member of our dynamic and award winning marketing department. The position develops, executes, measures, evaluates and adapts communications and promotions for online/digital channels to support the organization’s business growth and corporate strategic direction. This role integrates communications and core messaging across the full range of online/digital channels to present a professional, differentiated image of BlueShore Financial’s value proposition, products and services.
- Closing Date: March 31, 2017 (or until filled)
- Employee Type: Full Time
- Schedule: Monday – Friday
- Job Category: Marketing
- Location: 1250 Lonsdale – BlueShore Centre
Key responsibilities of this role are:
- Creates relevant, engaging content to communicate effectively with defined target market segments through all online and digital channels, adapting and optimizing existing content and curating third-party content; works closely with the Creative Director to link visual, video and multi-media components.
- Develops strategies to drive online traffic to the BlueShore Financial website, including creating content to tell the brand story and highlighting products/services to the target consumer and business markets.
- Supports broader integrated advertising and promotional campaigns, by developing and managing digital brand, product and service marketing campaigns and programs to raise awareness, consideration, purchase and trial. Uses a wide range of techniques, including paid search (PPC), remarketing, display ads, Real Time Bidding (RTB) and more.
- Establishes KPIs and contributes to the analysis, tracking, monitoring and evaluating success of online/digital marketing and communication programs. Works closely with the Manager, Web Services and the Creative Director, to adapt content/graphic presentation of web content and online advertising programs for maximum impact and visitor engagement, based on web/online analytics.
- Monitors rapidly evolving online media channels and changes, evaluates and recommends appropriate action.
- Develops and manages the social media content/editorial plan and calendar in active collaboration with Employee & Corporate Communications team, and in consultation with marketing communications, sales/advisory teams and other internal stakeholders. Monitors, optimizes, develops and posts content on social media channels to increase audience engagement and reach.
- Observes and monitors emerging trends online and finds ways to effectively leverage it in a business environment
- Conducts ongoing research to stay current with rapidly changing consumer behaviors/preferences for online/digital channels.
- Researches and monitors online/digital communications and competitive positioning of other financial services firms; conducts similar monitoring of best practices for other “premium” service brands and experiences.
- Manages digital agency relationships, day-to-day production (including real time bidding platform use), campaign budgets and schedules.
- Manages and monitors budgets relating to online/digital marketing and communications.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree or College Diploma in Digital Media, with additional supporting education/experience in Marketing, Communications, Journalism
- 5-7 years related experience executing marketing and communications plans through digital media
- Experience developing content (text, video, graphics) for the digital environment and online/mobile audiences
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with web content management systems, social media administration and monitoring tools
- Experience with video creation/editing for web/online content
- Experience working with digital marketing analytics to adapt and refine online marketing and communication tactics
- Experience in the Financial Services industry would be an asset.
What can BlueShore Financial can do for you?
- A Performance Rewards Program which pays a variable cash reward recognizing the achievement of corporate, team and individual goals.
- Limitless career progression opportunities.
- Comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses, pension, flexible benefits and competitive compensation.
- Opportunity to work in a world class, award winning organization.
What BlueShore Financial needs from you:
- Accountability, in all directions.
- “Can do” attitude.
- The drive to provide a premium level of service regardless of location or position.
- Professional appearance and manner.
Got awards? At BlueShore Financial we are constantly innovating, connecting and improving to deliver exceptional client and employee experiences. As a result, we have grown to become an award winning organization, garnering both local and national attention for our progressive practices.