Tap into our network of 15,000 members around the world to help you transition from school to professional life and take advantage of all the benefits offered to practitioners at an 80% discount of regular dues.
If you are interested in joining IABC, download the Student Member application form (download form now) or the Transitional Member application form (download form now) and follow the instructions to send in your completed version.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
Now you can join or renew your student membership online!
We’re glad you’re interested in becoming a student member of IABC/BC! Here are some of the top 10 reasons you will want to consider this great opportunity:
- Student-only events focused on addressing communication issues from your perspective at a significantly discounted rate from the non-student members.
- A great way to meet new friends, and seek mentorship opportunities through the mentorship program.
- Free access to Jobline, where you’ll find the latest job postings in the communication industry.
- Jump start your career and gain work experience by volunteering for a committee.
- An opportunity to see what the communication industry is all about as our membership spans a wide network of special interests.
- Great discounted rates on professional development events and opportunities, membership, publications and more.
- An opportunity to enter the Student Communicator of the Year award program.
- Access to current information on trends and issues in the communication profession.
- Exclusive access to the Member Centre on the IABC international website.
- Free subscription to the award-winning Communication World magazine, published bi-monthly by IABC.
Am I Eligible?
What is an IABC student member? You qualify as an IABC student member if you are a full-time student of a college, university or other educational institution. This membership is also available to part-time students working towards a degree, who are not presently employed by an organization in the communication profession. Students will need to provide proof of student status including a copy of ID card and document from the post-secondary institution.
Students can join IABC for a low annual fee of $50.76. Rates are updated quarterly based on the US dollar exchange rate. Click here to down the application form and read more.
Student Transitional Membership
All students, whether you are an IABC member or non-member, recently graduated from a post-secondary institution degree or diploma program are eligible to apply for this membership. From date of graduation, students have within 12 months to submit an application. With the Student Transitional Membership, members receive a 50 per cent discount on the international dues portion (full chapter and district/regional dues apply), and the application fee is waived. Applicants will need to provide proof of degree/diploma conferral.
Transitional members are welcome to attend student-only events at student member rates, but will be charged the regular member rate to attend IABC professional development events.