2022 IABC/BC Annual General Meeting
- 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- BCIT Downtown Campus (555 Seymour Street, Vancouver, BC)
- June 16, 2022
Reflect on the 2021-22 chapter year; join us at our 42nd Annual General Meeting!
About this event
The end of the 2021-22 chapter year is upon us. For British Columbia communicators, it’s been a year of incredible work, challenging set-backs, and life-changing events – all within the context of a global pandemic, the climate crisis, and geopolitical and economic unrest.
Through it all, we’ve remained a community first and always. So, we are thrilled to offer you the opportunity to reflect on the year live and in-person, at our Annual General Meeting!
Reflect on the 2021-22 Chapter year; join us at our 42nd Annual General Meeting
This year, we set out to safely and thoughtfully transition our chapter through British Columbia’s restart plan. How did we do against our strategic objectives? What are the opportunities that remain and will help take our chapter into the next era? We look forward to reflecting on these questions and more with you at our 42nd Annual General Meeting.
Looking towards our Chapter’s future, we are thrilled to introduce our new chapter Board slate, led by incoming President Carmen Wright, and comprised of dynamic leaders from diverse industries, lived experiences and professional roles. Also providing an overview of the chapter’s activities, finances and achievements and answering any questions from our members.
We are thrilled to see you in person, once again!
AGM – 5:00 – 6:30 pm Pacific Time
- Registration / check-in 5:00 – 5:30 pm Pacific Time
- AGM program: 5:30 – 6:30 pm Pacific Time
Wave Awards & Social – 6:30 – 8:00 pm Pacific Time
- Please stay for the IABC/BC Wave Awards reception afterwards
- Register separately for the Wave Awards
- The AGM is a free event open to members, while the Wave Awards reception is a paid event open to members and non-members
Review our AGM documentation
As part of our bylaws, we require a quorum of 5% of our membership in order to pass any items on the AGM Agenda. As with every chapter year, we are passing the new board slate and reviewing and approving the financial statements from the previous fiscal year.
- AGM Agenda and Proposed 2022-23 Board Slate
- 2021 AGM Minutes (for approval)
- June 30, 2021 Financial Statements
- IABC/BC Bylaw amendment
Questions about the AGM? Please email executive (at) iabc.bc.ca.