CMP® and SCMP® exam: Elevate Your Career with a Professional Certification
- 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Vancouver Convention Centre
- January 26, 2021
IABC professional certification gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your strategic communication knowledge and expertise, and provide evidence of your outstanding abilities.
Join the growing number of certified communications professionals!
Professional certification can elevate your career and help keep your skills fresh and applicable. It provides a great opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge and expertise – and a commitment to professional development. It could help you land your next big opportunity or perform at a higher level in your current role.
IABC British Columbia is a proud supporter of the Global Communications Certification Council´s certification program, and we are excited to announce that the B.C. chapter has been selected to host the next certification exam on Tuesday, January 26. The Communication Management Professional™ and Strategic Communication Management Professional™ certifications are aimed at the generalist/specialist and strategic/leader level, and designed around ISO, an international standard for professional certifications.
We ask all candidates to comply with Vancouver Convention Centre’s health and safety measures to help keep their fellow candidates and IABC members safe. Review the GCCC Candidate Handbook for all the details on what to expect on the exam day.
Learn more about the CMP® or SCMP® certification program.
Steps to become certified
If you’re interested in getting certified, here are the steps from the GCCC website:
- Review the latest Candidate Handbook, which has details about the eligibility requirements for the CMP® and SCMP® certification, the application, and the examination process.
- Pay the fee and submit your application, along with supporting details, documents, and references on your experience, formal education and training. Within 30 days of applying, you´ll find out if you are approved to write the exam, and you´ll have two years to do so.
- Register for the exam at least one week before your intended exam date.
- Study and prepare for the exam with GCCC´s learning resources.
- Take the exam and receive your certification.
- Set up a process to plan and track your regular professional development to maintain your designation.
|Fee Type||IABC Member Status||Cost (US$)|
|Exam Fee (due upon registration)||All||$400|
|Annual Certification Maintenance Fee||All||$100|