Be Richly Valued. At BlueShore Financial, our employees are as important as our clients. We strive to create a workplace culture of openness, empowerment, trust and passion. Our values unite our organization and are our guiding compass. But it is our exceptional staff that bring our corporate values to life. They are passionate about delivering exceptional client service and a banking experience that promises to impress. And this level of engagement shows. We’ve been formally recognized making Aon Hewitt’s “50 Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada” list six years in a row and as one of “Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures” in Canada by Waterstone Human Capital.
From the moment you walk into one of our Financial Spas™, you’ll know you’ve arrived at a special place, where all the elements work together to stimulate the senses and create a distinctive atmosphere unlike any financial institution you’ve experienced. We embrace the west coast lifestyle, while providing a premium and sophisticated experience for our clients and employees. You may not recognize us, but we’ve been serving the lower mainland for almost 75 years! But this isn’t the Credit Union of your childhood. We’re different and better. Click here to learn more.
Marketing and Events Specialist – 1 Year Maternity Leave Term (Temporary)
The Marketing and Events Specialist manages and executes marketing events and selected programs. This role leverages sponsorships for maximum value through on-site presence and activities at events . Acts as primary marketing liaison for BlueShore Financial branches on day-to-day and operational initiatives; supports marketing campaigns and promotional activities; manages the selection and inventory of BlueShore’s promotional items and aspects of branch merchandising.
Title: Marketing and Events Specialist
Closing Date: January 30, 2017
Employee Type: Full Time (1 year maternity leave term)
Schedule: Monday – Friday (Requires frequent evening and weekend work to support events)
Job Category: Marketing
Location: 1250 Lonsdale
Key responsibilities of this role are:
- Manages and coordinates events and materials associated with BlueShore Financial sponsorships, community partnerships, marketing campaigns, business development events, and client reward and recognition programs
- Researches and recommends options for updating and enhancing BlueShore Financial’s event presence, sponsorship activation and engagement strategies; includes identifying and managing multiple vendor and supplier relationships.
- Identifies opportunities to leverage sponsorships and maximize activation and visibility
- Coordinates and directs staff volunteers at BlueShore hosted and sponsored marketing events; develops incentives for volunteers; supervises and directs seasonal Events Assistant.
- Establishes event evaluation processes; collaborates with other marketing team members to track and measure event success against defined objectives
- As a key member of the sponsorship team, supports the identification of opportunities for sponsorships and partnerships, evaluates sponsorship requests and makes recommendations; assists in sponsorship annual review, evaluation and planning
- Develops the promotions/premiums annual plan and makes recommendations; includes research, acquisition, distribution, inventory management, vendor relationship management.
- Manages budgets related to promotional items andtaff volunteer incentive programs.
- Acts as resource for other departments on sourcing, use, and branding of promotional items and materials.
- Supports campaigns and other marketing program/activities and ensures brand alignment by building and maintaining relationships with branch Marketing Champions and branch managers
- Manages the Wishbank Program and collateral, including relationship management and inventory fulfillment with partner elementary schools.
- Participates in the development of merchandising plans for new and renovated branches, ensuring alignment with brand standards; and in strategy development for branch (re)opening
- Manages ‘Arts in View’ program of in-branch display of local artists’ work; includes sourcing and relationship management with artists and rotational scheduling, for all branches.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or Diploma in Events Management or related field of study
- 2 years’ experience managing events, including coordinating and leading a group of volunteers and managing a budget
- Solid MS Office skills – Excel, Word and Outlook
- Position requires stamina with some heavy lifting
- Evening and weekend work
- Access to a vehicle
- Previous experience working in a financial institution or customer service environment would be an asset
What can BlueShore Financial can do for you?
- A Performance Rewards Program which pays a variable cash reward recognizing the achievement of corporate, team and individual goals.
- Limitless career development opportunities.
- Comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses, pension, flexible benefits and competitive compensation.
- Opportunity to work in a world class, award winning organization.
What BlueShore Financial needs from you:
- Accountability, in all directions.
- “Can do” attitude.
- The drive to provide a premium level of service regardless of location or position.
- Professional appearance and manner.
Got awards? At BlueShore Financial we are constantly innovating, connecting and improving to deliver exceptional client and employee experiences. As a result, we have grown to become an award winning organization, garnering both local and national attention for our progressive practices.
Apply online at https://www.blueshorefinancial.com/Careers/.