Corporate Snakes and Ladders
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Online event
- April 23, 2021
Come play Corporate Snakes and Career Ladders online with your peers across the IABC Canada West region!
In teams, you will take on the role of Carmen Spinoza, Communications Director for a multi-national, fictional company. You will explore a series of real-life business challenges where you will advise Carmen to make strategic decisions as she interacts with executive leadership – helping to justify her newly gained “seat at the table”.
Played by hundreds of communication professionals around the world at IABC conferences, this popular game is now delivered online in a fast-paced workshop format.
Join us for a fun and engaging session to test your skills as a strategic advisor. It’s a great opportunity to play outside your comfort zone in a safe space!
Register now – limited spots available.
Date: Friday, April 23, 2021
Time: 9 a.m. – noon PST
Delivered using Zoom breakout rooms and Mural as our interactive game play environment. Registered participants will receive a Zoom invite and more detailed information prior to session. CPD points earned may be used toward Certification eligibility.
Sharon Hunter, SCMP
Sheila Carruthers, SCMP
Questions? Contact Bart Goemans, IABC CWR Professional Development / Sponsorship Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goal of the workshop
Through role-play, explore the strategic thinking skills and actions needed to be recognized as a trusted advisor.
What you will do
- Debate key organizational issues and reflect on strategic challenges through different perspectives
- Explore real-life organizational dilemmas
- Test your ability to react under pressure
What you will learn
- How making a strategic impact requires thinking beyond your functional role
- The different types of advisory styles and how you can work better with others
- What actions help demonstrate your strategic value to senior leaders
- Examples of when you might take risks and stretch outside your comfort zone
What will you take away?
- You will gain a fresh perspective of what it means to be a business leader, get insights into your own behaviour, and experience a taste of consensus-building under pressure.
- Each participant receives practical tools to reflect on their personal advisory style and how to apply insights to collaborate with others.
About the game
Corporate Snakes and Career Ladders is simulation-based training that helps you challenge your perceptions of what it takes to be a business leader.
Designed by UK-based Archetypical Ltd, this simulation game offers an immersive experience to help marketing, communication and HR professionals advance from technical experts to trusted strategic advisors within their organizations.Register Now