Grow your leadership skills and help guide the direction of our dynamic board within a supportive and collaborative environment.
With over 400 members, IABC/BC is one of the top five largest IABC chapters worldwide. Our members come from all kinds of backgrounds, work in various industries, and have a range of experience.
Our board structure
Our board is made up of a team of volunteer directors within specialized portfolios led by an executive board comprised of our president, vice-president, past-president, executive administrator and treasurer. Together they develop, deliver and govern all of the activities that take place within our chapter under the guidance of our association bylaws.
Every portfolio director has a team of volunteers to support their work. Being a director is a great opportunity to build team management skills, and even mentor volunteers to grow their skills – all within a safe and supportive environment.
The board slate is divided by portfolios of specialization including Volunteer Services, Membership, Sponsorships + Partnerships, Career Development, Events, Digital Marketing + Communications, Student + New Communicator Services, and Special Interest Groups.
What’s in it for you?
- Gain hands-on leadership and professional board experience and participate in key decision making for your portfolio and the chapter
- Grow your business experience skill set with everything from strategic planning to budget setting and reporting
- Network and share best-practices with fellow communicators at the local, regional and international levels
- Be part of a passionate, talented and dynamic team committed to IABC/BC and the local communications and marketing community
- Experience being part of the leadership team of an award-winning chapter
- Director, Award Programs
- Director, Career Development
- Co-Directors, Events (Networking + PD)
- Director, Finance
- DIrector, Membership
- Director, Student Development
- Director, Volunteer Services
All members of IABC/BC in good standing are welcome to submit a nomination form for a position on the board of directors for the upcoming year.
Ideally, we look for members with past board experience or who have actively volunteered and have relevant skills to lead the portfolio of interest.
How to apply & deadline
Simply send us an up-to-date resume along with a completed nomination form. An outline of each board role is available so that you can see where your skills may fit.
All board roles remain open until they are filled.
Board selection committee process
Our board is recruited in the spring of each year.
Once our board selection committee has reviewed the nominations and put their recommendations forward, our board is voted in at our Annual General Meeting (AGM), held every year in June. Following the AGM, our member activities take a break throughout the summer. This allows our new board to plan the activities for the upcoming year over the course of a two-day strategic planning session.
A chapter year runs from June to June for board members.
If you have questions or would like more information, contact our current past president, Jeanette Leblanc, the selection committee chair, at email@example.com or you can contact our current vice president, Adam Brayford at firstname.lastname@example.org