Develop your leadership skills and lead our chapter by joining our board of directors
Who we are
IABC/BC is a not-for-profit member association that is volunteer-run from president down to new student member volunteers. We are one of the top five largest chapters in the world. We have more than 420 members across the province of British Columbia and have been operating since 1980.
Our board structure
Our board is made up of a team of volunteer directors within specialized portfolios, who are led by an executive board comprised of our president, vice president, past president, executive administrator and treasurer. They are responsible for the development, delivery, and governance of the activities that take place within our chapter. We work together to develop the strategic plan and direction for the chapter under the guidance of our association bylaws as approved by the IABC head office.
Each portfolio director has a team of volunteers to support their work. Being a director is a great opportunity to build team management skills, and even mentor junior volunteers to grow their skills.
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll gain hands-on leadership and professional board experience, while participating in key decision-making for your portfolio and the chapter
- You’ll hone your business experience, including strategic planning, budget-setting and reporting
- You’ll have the opportunity to network and share best-practices with fellow communicators at the local, regional and international levels
- You’ll be a part of a passionate, dynamic team who is committed to the IABC/BC chapter and the local communications and marketing community
- You’ll attend Dare to Lead, our Canada West Regional conference , where you’ll connect with other chapter leaders from across the Canada West Region
Current Board Opportunities
We are currently seeking a Director, Marketing & Communications. Please read the Board Accountabilities & Roles document to learn more about this role.
How to apply?
Submit the Board Application form.
This role will remain open until filled.